The ‘Hummingbird Daiquiri'
Inspired by our fascinating little flying friend the Hummingbird whose pollinating favorites include some of the flowers, fruits & brilliant red colours infused into this refreshingly, tart, and tasty drink.
Fun Fact: Did you know Hummingbirds are one of the principal pollinators of Pineapples in the wild!
Hummingbird Daiquiri RECIPE:
Ingredients: Makes a full Pitcher (4x drinks)
- Crushed Ice (enough to fill a blender ½ to ¾ full)
- Fresh local Raspberries (1 pint)
- 1 Ripe Pineapple (cored and cut into pieces)
- 1-2 Limes (juiced)
- 2-3 oz Raspberry Rose Hibiscus Honey Simple Syrup (add to taste)
- 6 oz White Rum
- Step 1: Fill Blender approximately half full of Crushed Ice
- Step 2: Add you fruit to the blender (Raspberries and Pineapple), enough to fill until ¾ full, start to blend….
- Step 3: Add in your liquids (Lime Juice, Syrup & Rum) and keep blending! You may or may not need to stir occasionally and add more liquid as you go along. Blend until you reach that smooth delicious frozen goodness! Taste, add more Honey Simple Syrup if you like a sweeter drink.
- Step 4: Pour into a large Martini or Margarita style glass, garnish with some fresh Raspberries on top maybe a Pineapple wedge and slurp away!